Wild Snowflake ::
as most blogs go, this is the same...
my life, my thoughts, me, me, me.
Saturday, January 29, 2005
Oh, Mr. Acting Governor, how I love him. He's one of the most talented speakers out there... cutting the b.s. and getting to the meat of the issues. I especially like how he defended his wife from an insensitive dj mocking her past mental illness. Too bad Corzine doesn't have the sense to stay in DC where he's doing good, and spending more money on campaigning for governor so a "regular guy" has no chance against him. I'm gonna miss ya Codey.
Monday, January 24, 2005
From Prawn Bites (I initially found it on Java Literally and kept going until as close to the beginning I could get)
You bold the songs that you like on Blender's 50 Worst Songs of All Time... Here I go.
1. We Built This City ... Starship
2. Achy Breaky Heart ... Billy Ray Cyrus
3. Everybody Have Fun Tonight ... Wang Chung
4. Rollin' ... Limp Bizkit
5. Ice Ice Baby ... Vanilla Ice
6. The Heart of Rock & Roll ... Huey Lewis and the News
7. Don't Worry, Be Happy ... Bobby McFerrin
8. Party All the Time ... Eddie Murphy
9. American Life ... Madonna
10. Ebony and Ivory ... Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder (I also like Piscapo/Murphy's verson)
11. Invisible ... Clay Aiken
12. Kokomo ... The Beach Boys
13. Illegal Alien ... Genesis
14. From a Distance ... Bette Midler
15. I'll Be There for You ... The Rembrandts
16. What's Up? ... 4 Non Blondes
17. Pumps and a Bump ... Hammer
18. You're the Inspiration ... Chicago
19. Broken Wings ... Mr. Mister
20. Dancing on the Ceiling ... Lionel Richie
21. Two Princes ... Spin Doctors
22. Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American) ... Toby Keith
23. Sunglasses at Night ... Corey Hart
24. Superman ... Five for Fighting
25. I'll Be Missing You ... Puff Daddy featuring Faith Evans and 112
26. The End ... The Doors
27. The Final Countdown ... Europe
28. Your Body Is a Wonderland ... John Mayer
29. Breakfast at Tiffany's ... Deep Blue Something
30. Greatest Love of All ... Whitney Houston
31. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm ... Crash Test Dummies
32. Will 2K ... Will Smith
33. Barbie Girl ... Aqua
34. Longer ... Dan Fogelberg
35. Shiny Happy People ... R.E.M.
36. Make Em Say Uhh! ... Master P featuring Silkk, Fiend, Mia-X and Mystikal
37. Rico Suave ... Gerardo
38. Cotton Eyed Joe ... Rednex
39. She Bangs ... Ricky Martin
40. I Wanna Sex You Up ... Color Me Badd
41. We Didn't Start the Fire ... Billy Joel
42. The Sound of Silence ... Simon & Garfunkel
43. Follow Me ... Uncle Kracker
44. I'll Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) ... Meat Loaf
45. Mesmerize ... Ja Rule featuring Ashanti
46. Hangin' Tough ... New Kids on the Block
47. The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is You ... Bryan Adams
48. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da ... The Beatles
49. I'm Too Sexy ... Right Said Fred
50. My Heart Will Go On ... Celine Dion
Thursday, January 06, 2005
Happy Anniversary, Lucky.
I can't believe it's been 3 years (other some may contest that it's been longer). Here's to finding that reception hall!
Apparently, "Anchorman" is the number one DVD being rented by Americans this week. Now, most people rent movies that they've either seen already or that friends recommended. So many Americans must have enjoyed this movie (it was also number one in the box office for a few weeks). Why is beyond me... This movie SUCKS and is soooo not funny. In fact when we watched it at Gumby's house months ago (he has magical ways of obtaining these movies while they're still in the theaters), we only watched the first 40 minutes, cringing the entire time. Watch "A Night at the Roxbury" instead.
Wednesday, January 05, 2005
Happy New Year!
Lucky and I rang in the new year at Stitch & Lilo's again (he almost missed it since he went to another party beforehand... finally showed up at 11:46 phew!). Missed the "f-bomb" of Vince Neil since we watched Philbin's Rockin' New Year. Alas, I did not wear my tiara. I must have packed it somewhere good when I moved.
The next morning was a Polar Bear swim at Sandy Hook. Ok, it was more of a fall... and considering that the beach was covered with folks since the temperature was in the 50s unlike the 30s it was the last time I did this, I didn't feel that elegant. Skinning one's knees in the ocean feels like rubbing salt into legs that have been dry-shaved. Ouch.